Demystifying the collision repair process
Bringing your vehicle to a repair shop can be an intimidating experience. You won’t always know what needs to be done, how much it should cost or how long it should take. That’s why Renewit Dealers are staffed by trusted technicians whose only concern is to get you back on the road safely and quickly.
When you bring your vehicle
to a Renewit location a step-by-step process is followed that guarantees professional results:
- Estimate: A qualified technician examines the vehicle thoroughly and an estimate is prepared along with an approximate completion date. Repairs do not start until proper authorization is received.
- Disassembly: Upon receiving authorization to begin work, parts from damaged areas are removed. The vehicle is re-inspected to confirm final extent of damage, and parts are ordered.
- Body Repair: This process involves prepping the vehicle prior to painting and restoring frame if needed and body panels to original condition.
- Painting: Repainting is executed as needed, from primer to paint to clear coat. The painter will take into account age, fading, or external wear to create an exact colour match of the vehicle.
- Glass Replacement: If needed the vehicle will have the windshield replaced and paint protection, or rust proofing put back on the vehicle prior to delivery.
- Reassembly: All parts, having either been repaired or replaced, are re-installed.
- Alignments or Mechanical: If needed, the vehicle is sent out for an alignment/mechanical to the dealer or done inhouse.
- Detail: A light detail is performed on the vehicle and the vehicle is carefully inspected.
- Delivery: Customer takes delivery of the vehicle brought back to pre-accident condition.